Printing Without a Press - Instructor Kathleen Mooney
Five personal expression print techniques -
1) Monoprint (monotype) - flexible plates and endless intuitive exploration
2) Block Carving - carve your own stamps using your own signs and symbols
3) Stencils - Words, shapes, repeats - includes one full sheet of your choice
4) Found Object Printing - from Nature, Industrial, and created textures
5) Mark Making - tools beyond the brush create unique and unexpected vocabulary
Explore each of these options for printing without a press. See how Patterns and repeats can enliven and add meaning to your art. Bring spontaneity and chance (some call this "Happy Accidents") to your process. Open the door to Intuition, Opportunity and Exploration
We work with watermedia - NOT solvents. This keeps a clean studio, fresh air, and a greener approach to printing.
Class fee is $150.00 per student each day. This is a 3 day class.
Group fees by contract are available at reduced cost.
Your additional materials fee of $15.00 per student covers those “surprisingly mundane” new materials and tools. What should you bring? See the Multi Day Workshop materials list on Materials List